Support Downtown Evansville Businesses During Moonlight Madness
We are lucky to have a thriving downtown area here in Evansville. Small locally-owned businesses need our support now more than ever. The DOWNTOWN EVANSVILLE – Economic Improvement District has a full calendar of events, that encourages shoppers to visit downtown shops and restaurants. Moonlight Madness is the next event planned for Friday, September 25, and it sounds like it's going to be amazing.
- Live Music - Six local musicians will be performing along Main Street.
- Specials - Downtown stores and restaurants will be offering special deals
- Open Late - Most of the downtown shops close early, but for Moonlight Madness, they will be open from 6:00 P.M. - 9:00 P.M.
- Downtown Tours - If you are thinking about moving to Downtown Evansville, you'll be able to tour apartments that are for rent.
- Party peddler and Carriage Rides - Complimentary rides will be available at the corner of 3rd and Main.
“Small businesses provide the uniqueness that make our community different from other cities,” said Josh Armstrong, president, EID. “We invite the community to join us downtown and support our local businesses. Safely shop in our stores, dine in our restaurants, and imagine yourself living downtown on your condo tour,” he added.
Social distancing will be required, even though this is mainly an outdoor event. Businesses have taken precautions to slow the spread of COVID-19, and you may be required to wear a mask.
In addition to this Friday night's event, there are two more Moonlight Madness shopping events planned for October 9 and 23.
I would suggest starting with an after work snack at Two Farmers Burger and Beignets food truck. They will be serving at Myriad Brewing from 4:30 P.M.- 9:00 P.M.