Here’s What You Can’t Bring to HydroFest!
Evansville Police Department works very hard to make sure our community is safe, and with big events like HydroFest that are expected to draw a large crowd, EPD wants to make the event as safe as possible for everyone.
Yesterday the Evansville Police Department posted a status to their Facebook. They remind us to always be on the lookout for suspicious activity and report it as soon as possible to the police. Here's what they said:
HydroFest September 1-3, 2017
The Evansville Police Department, Evansville Fire Department, EMS and other Public Safety workers take the well-being of the Citizens of Evansville very seriously and would like to remind people of several items that will help make the event safe for everyone:
• With terrorist actions taking place on the world stage such as trucks running into large crowds of people, the EPD would ask that anyone having information of a large truck being rented under suspicious circumstances or a large truck or van being stolen to please report this to the Evansville Police Department as soon as possible.
• Because of terrorist events and other dangers, all packages of any type are subject to search at any time in the vicinity of these events.
• TENTS AND UMBRELLAS ARE NOT ALLOWED
• NO FIREWORKS
• NO PET DOGS OR PETS OF ANY KIND
• NO SKATEBOARDS
• NO BICYCLES
• NO ROLLERBLADES OR SKATES
• NO WATERGUNS
• CAN NOT BLOCK THE SIDEWALK ON THE LEVI
YOU ARE ALLOWED TO BRING A 12 INCH BY 12 INCH BY 12 INCH COOLER INTO THE FESTIVAL AREA. ANYTHING LARGER WILL NOT BE ALLOWED.
PLEASE HELP TO MAKE THE EVANSVILLE HYDROFEST A SAFE AND ENJOYABLE EVENT FOR EVERYONE.
Be safe out there, and enjoy HydroFest!!
Get more WKDQ!