West Side Nut Club Announces Recipients of Fall Festival Donations
Remember all that money you spent at the Fall Festival a few weeks ago? Well, the West Side Nut Club takes that money (after covering their expenses) and distributes it to several organizations around the city of Evansville. On Tuesday, they announced a few of the organizations who received donations on their Facebook page.
The complete list of recipients and the amount of money they received reads:
- $15,000 to Evansville Police Department
- $12,500 to the Evansville Fire Department (we donated $2,500 to the Fire Department last meeting so this donation evened up what we gave to each department)
- $2,500 to Youth First, Inc.
- $2,000 to Youth Resources of Southwestern Indiana
- $1998.21 to Evansville Rescue Mission
A large portion of the money raised from the annual street festival not mentioned in the Facebook post, goes to the Evansville-Vanderburgh School Corporation, as well as the private schools in the area.