Friday After 5 in Owensboro Kicks off Tonight!
Not only are we celebrating a 3-day weekend, we're celebrating a 3-day weekend that kicks off Friday after 5 in Owensboro!
There are SO many fun things to do this weekend! I mean just check this blog out from T-Sams about all the happenings in the Tri-State! But tonight I am SO excited because I've NEVER been to Friday After 5, I've heard so many good things, but literally every single time I've tried to go (which has been 4 times) it's rained! I was beginning to think, maybe it's me? But I'm finally going to get to go tonight, so LAWD help me, can we keep things dry this evening?
According to their Event page on Facebook, here's what you can expect tonight!
Tonight we kick off Memorial Day weekend and continue our Summer of Love”. This week’s sponsor is Boardwalk Pipeline:
• 6:30-10:00 pm: Eighty-Sixt (pop dance hits)
Jagoe Homes patio stage on the BB&T Plaza at the RiverPark Center
• 7:00-10:00 pm: Drew Aud (acoustic)
Atmos Energy Courtyard at RiverPark Center
• 7:00-9:00pm: Johnson Dance Studio
Cromwell Overlook Stage at the Smothers Park Fountains
• 7:00pm-9:30pm: Glenn’s Gospel on the River featuring “Conqueror’s Quartet”, “Living By Faith” and “Commonwealth Quartet” Cannon Hall inside the RiverPark Center
• 7:30pm Special tribute celebrating the life of our Hometown Hero, Nicky Hayden with special guest Army Armstrong.
• 8:00-11:30 pm: Osiella (great party band)
Don Moore Stage on the Kentucky Legends Pier at the Owensboro Convention Center
It’s our Corvette Cruise-In at the Kroger Street Fair. We’ll have a special cartoon character, “Jack Sparrow” courtesy of TD’s Tuff Decisions Costumes. Tonight we are hosting McLean County Class of 1973 PreUnion. Plus free popcorn for the kids and the FA5 Free Foto Booth for everyone! The US Bank Home Mortgage T-shirt cannon will be sending special T-Shirts into the crowd! 11 Food trucks! Fun. Free. Friends. Friday After 5 is Where the Weekend Begins. Details at FridayAfter5.com andVisitOwensboro.com
Get more WKDQ!