Tips to Keep Your Pets Calm During Fireworks
If you have pets like me, you know how frustrating the 4th of July can be. You love to celebrate and have fun, but you hate the fact your pets are scared. Here's some ways to help calm your pets during the 4th!
First of all, make sure your pets have up to date information on their identification tags. Make sure they have their tags on them, in case they were to somehow get out. Even if you don't think they could possibly get out, better safe than sorry.
Here's some tips to keep pets safe during fireworks according to the American Veterinary Medical Association:
- Leave your pets at home so they can stay in a familiar place where they feel most secure
- Consider leaving your pets in a smaller space, whether a crate or escape proof room.
- If neighbors are lighting off fireworks, keep pets inside. Pets get scared and they bolt.
- If you aren't home, leave an article of clothing with your smell on it, this will also help calm them
- Turn on the TV or radio, to help drown out the noise of the fireworks
Have a fun and safe 4th of July!!
Get more WKDQ!