Shout Out Your Senior for the Chance at a Trip to the Gaylord Opryland Resort
The COVID-19 pandemic has forced the high school and college classes of 2020 to miss out on some big milestones. High School proms have been cancelled, and now most, if not all graduation ceremonies in Indiana, Kentucky, and Illinois have been cancelled or postponed to a later date, which, and let's be honest here, sucks. To put all that work in only to have the virus rob you of the chance to walk across that stage and accept your diploma isn't fair. While we can't give Tri-State seniors the full-fledged graduation ceremony they deserve, we are giving you the chance to let them know how proud you are of their accomplishment with an on-air shout out that may score you one last family trip to the Gaylord Opryland Resort in Nashville before they head off to college or the work force.
Here's how to submit your shout out:
- Open up the WKDQ app on your mobile device and tap the three horizontal lines in the upper left corner to see the menu.
- Scroll down and tap "Submit Media"
- Fill out the contact info, then tap the yellow "Select and Submit Media Now" button at the bottom.
- Choose "Record Short Audio Clip" from the menu that pops up.
- Press the red REC button and record a short message to your senior telling them how proud you are of them, or offering them some words of wisdom as they move on to the next chapter of their lives.
- Hit "Submit."
Be sure to include your name, the name of the senior you're shouting out, and the school they attend in your message. We suggest listening to the message before submitting to make sure it sounds as clear as possible, meaning there's little-to-no background noise, and what you say can be clearly understood.
We'll play the shout outs on air throughout the upcoming Memorial Day Weekend (May 22nd through 25th, 2020). On Tuesday, May 26th, 2020 we'll select one of the shout outs at random and give that person a trip to the Gaylord Opryland Resort in Nashville to experience they're all new water park, Soundwaves!
We can't wait to hear what you have to say!
If you don't have the WKDQ app, get it by entering your phone number in the box below.
- Two night traditional room accommodations at Gaylord Opryland Resort for two people.
- Daily breakfast
- Daily admission to Soundwaves with exclusive check-in at Magnolia Lobby (follow signs toward Soundwaves upon arrival)
- All applicable taxes, daily resort fee, and daily self-parking for one vehicle
- Certificate is valid select dates from now until September 2nd, 2019
Terms and Conditions
- Original certificate must be submitted via mail when requesting stay. Please retain a copy for your records to submit upon check-in. Please allow two weeks in advance of desired date of stay for processing. A one-time date change will be allowed if the matter occurs.
- Certificate is valid select dates, May 31st, through September 2, 2019 and subject to availability at time of booking. Blackout dates apply.
- Please submit First, Second, and Third choices of dates in instruction 2 of certificate. If your first choice of dates is not available, then the second and third choices will be checked for availability and confirmed accordingly.
- Certificate is not replaceable if lost, stolen, destroyed, or expired. Expiration datecannot be modified or extended.
- Night(s) of stay must occur on or before the certificate's expiration date.
- Room nights and amenities, including Soundwaves, must be used concurrently.
- Certificate is not transferable or redeemable for cash. No change or credit will be given on any unused portion of the certificate.
- Meals, valet parking, alcohol, gratuities, and transportation are not included unless specified.
- Certificate is void and will not be honored if sold for cash or other consideration, auctioned on the internet or any other format, or redistributed by a third party.
- Any tax liability, including disclosure connected with receipt or use of this certificate is solely the recipient's responsibility.
- Certificate may not be valid where prohibited or restricted by law. Recipient(s) must be 21 or older.
Townsquare Media General Contest Rules apply.