10 Items You Never Knew Were Illegal To Bring Into Illinois
I understand that many residents of Illinois get arrested every day but I had no idea that illegally importing was big on that list.
Did You Realize There Are Laws About Illegal Importing For Residents Of Illinois?
Alright, so I'm a little confused. I know we have United States laws about importing things into our country illegally but I thought that pretty much covered everywhere. Apparently, that's not enough for each state so they came up with their own regulations including Illinois. Some of them will definitely make you chuckle.
Ten Items That Are Illegal To Bring Into Illinois
- # 1 You Can't Bring Over One Gallon Of Alcohol Into Illinois (six-pack is over the limit).
- # 2 No Firewood Can Be Brought Into Illinois (from in-state trees only).
- # 3 No Open Alcohol In Vehicle When Entering The State Of Illinois (even for the passenger).
- # 4 Pets Must Be Certified By A Vet Before They Can Be Moved To Illinois
- # 5 Permits Needed For Livestock Being Brought Into Illinois.
- # 6 Travelers Are Not Allowed To Bring Dangerous Animals Into Illinois (which seems pretty obvious).
- # 7 Certain Kids Of Fish Are Not Permitted To Enter Illinois (don't worry, goldfish are on the safe list).
- # 8 Knives, Switchblades, Throwing Stars, Blades, And Other Weapons Are Illegal To Carry Into Illinois.
- # 9 Fireworks (I'm guessing not a lot of residents know about this one because I see and hear them all over Illinois around the 4th of July holiday).
- # 1 Marijuana (it's illegal to bring it in or take it out of Illinois).