Downtown Evansville 1st Annual BBQ Festival
Don't miss Downtown Evansville's 1st Annual BBQ Festival featuring a masters-level BBQ competition, live entertainment, custom cars & hot rods, and more!
Evansville will host its first masters-level BBQ competition sanctioned by the Kansas City Barbecue Society Friday, August 16th and Saturday, August 17th across from the new IU Medical School between Walnut and Locust Street.
Friday evening will be for 21 and over with BBQ sampling featuring world renowned BBQ champion, Jim Johnson, plus live music. Saturday will be open to the public for free with barbeque for sale and live music.
Friday, August 16th events:
- 21+ only. Tickets are needed for the event
- Live Bluegrass music, BBQ, and Brew from 5 pm - 10 pm
- World renowned BBQ professional, Jim Johnson featuring World Championship BBQ Plate and live cooking tips
- St. Paul and the Rooms - 5 pm - 7 pm
- Moe-on-the-Jo & Friends - 7 pm - 10 pm
Saturday, August 17th events:
- Free Admission. All ages
- Evansville BBQ Festival - 11 am - 7 pm
- SICE Custom Car & Hot Rod Show - 1 pm - 4 pm
- Tim Wright of the Wright Brothers - Indianapolis, IN - 11 am - 3 pm
- The Hootz - Nashville, IN - 3 pm - 7 pm
Barbeque professionals from all over the country will be competing for $5000 in prize money and serving up a wide variety of barbeque including pork ribs, pork butt, chicken, and brisket.
Get your tickets for Friday's event ASAP by clicking HERE. (Almost sold out)
Mmmmm, we can't wait to smell all the delicious BBQ in downtown Evansville! For more information visit EvansvilleEvents.com
Sponsored by EvansvilleEvents.com and Evansville Convention & Visitor's Bureau.
Source: Evansville BBQ Festival.