Is This Car Dancing On An Illinois Highway Or Is The Driver Being Reckless?
In 2020, there were 312,988 reported accidents on Illinois roads, according to the Illinois Department Of Transportation. I wish there were more specifics on the exact circumstances behind the crashes. When you see the video of this wild vehicle on an Illinois highway you may think to yourself, "Yup, that'll do it."
Weather-related car accidents accounted for 20% of deaths in car crashes in 2019, according to an Illinois law firm. That means the other 80% involved dry roads, which is a huge number.
We could argue a lot of accidents on Illinois roads occur because of distracted driving. In 2020, there were 171 distracted driving accidents in the Land Of Lincoln, resulting in 193 deaths, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Even without knowing the statistics pertaining to automobile accidents on the road, there are a lot of people who hate driving. Rightfully so when you look at other drivers. Occasionally, I'll be driving and think to myself, "Who the heck thought it was a great idea to give humans big machines to drive wherever and however they want? Yes, there are rules and laws but we break them
Did You Know: Food/Drinks While Driving
Eating lowers a driver's reaction speed by 44 and drinking lowers a driver's reaction speed by 22%. (DriversEd.com)
Some drivers are especially weary of driving on highways, interstates, and expressways. It's easy to imagine why if you've ever traveled on I-90 headed toward Chicago. It's full of maniacs.
Someone spotted what they called a dancing car on 70 and if you listen closely you can hear the driver's wife telling him not to pass the vehicle. It's hard to tell if the vehicle is shimmying on purpose or if there is a terrible alignment problem.