Biggest Victory in Evansville Basketball History-Aces knock off #1 Kentucky!
Evansville Aces's second year coach Walter McCarty took his team back to where he played his college basketball and watched the greatest victory in Division I Evansville basketball history as the unranked Aces knocked off the number one ranked Kentucky Wildcats Tuesday night 67-64.
Evansville was a 25 point underdog. A few things to take away from the monumental victory:
- The storied Kentucky Wildcats were ranked number one in the nation
- The Aces had looked mediocre in their first game of the season over Ball State and were picked to finish seventh in the Missouri Valley Conference
- This will insure massive crowds at Aces home games this season
- This win will help Evansville much more than it will hurt Kentucky
- Walter McCarty is the King of Evansville
- This victory will be talked about for as long as you are alive and for a while after
- Kentucky had never lost to an unranked non conference team at home when they were number one
- Evansville and Kentucky had never met
- Evansville had never beaten a Division One team that was ranked #1
Coach McCarty commented after the game:
"Our guys really really worked hard. They were engaged. We played a heck of a game tonight"
No kidding! Enjoy this YOU-GE upset Aces fans. The national media will be all over you this week. You can hold up that big purple finger because you knocked off #1. Sleep well tonight and get your tickets for Thursday night's game at the Ford Center when Indiana-Kokomo comes to town.