It’s Monday, September 19th And You Need To Know These Things
It's 4 days until autumn begins
Today is also.....International Talk Like a Pirate Day and National Butterscotch Pudding Day
- NASA scientists say they've spotted a new planet in the solar system that actually orbits around two suns.
- If your spouse has Alzheimer's disease, it's OK to get divorced. That's the advice from religious broadcaster Pat Robertson, who told his "700 Club" viewers that divorce in this situation is justifiable because the disease is "a kind of death." So much for "in sickness and in health," huh?
- Now there's talk of a "Simpsons" cable channel. Why not? Been on TV for over two decades.
- The X Factor debuts on Wednesday night. During the auditions, Paula Abdul ran off stage and almost got sick after one contestant dropped his pants and exposed himself. All of the judges and the 4,000-plus in attendance at the taping saw the crude act. The show’s producers used the “X Factor” logo to cover the man's privates.
- Hollywood stars cleaned up at the Emmy’s. HP notebook computers, bedazzled toasters, sneakers made from recycled plastic water bottles, designer sunglasses, a $700 hair dryer, UppaBaby's $680 Vista stroller, outfitted with shock absorbers and vegan footwear from Michael Antonio Shoes were among the hottest freebies.
- The best of the California Raisins videos -- believe it or not, there are enough for two DVD's -- will be available November 15.
- A new Bloomberg poll reveals that Hillary Clinton has a favorable rating of 66%. 33% of Americans believe the U.S. would be better off now if she had become president in 2008 instead of Barack Obama. 47% of Americans say things would be about the same while 13% say things would be worse.
- Robert Lee is selling ad space on his prosthetic eyeball. The 47 year-old British Columbia cancer patient lost his left eye last month because of a tumor. He says ad rates start at $5,000. "I try not to scare people, but at the same time people walk around with all kinds of disabilities. I'd rather have someone look at me and I can say to them, 'This is what happened to me, go get your eyes checked.'"
- Nine people died and more than 50 were injured after pilot Jimmy Leeward crashed during the National Championship Air Races and Air Show in Reno on Friday. He lost control of his vintage plane before it plunged into some box seats in the grandstand
- Rosie O'Donnell has banned Piers Morgan from her talk show. She says, “Yes I’ve banned Piers Morgan. He banned Madonna for no reason when his show started, so I’m banning Piers Morgan! I don’t have anybody banned, but if I have to make a list, he’s on it.”
- Chicago Restaurant Creates A 47-Foot Brat: Chicago's Berghoff Restaurant has set a new world record by creating a 47-foot, three-inch bratwurst. The wiener weighed more than 40 pounds. A 50-foot bun, that required 35 pounds of dough, was needed to finish the brat. It took eight grills and 30 minutes to cook up the brat. Joey "Jaws" Chestnut won the World Bratwurst Eating Championship in Cincinnati on Sunday by downing more than 35 bratwursts in 10 minutes.
- The WWE says The Rock will be wrestling at one of the WWE Pay Per Views before he faces John Cena next WrestleMania
- Courteney Cox and David Arquette are developing a new comedy series that "explores the ups and downs of relationships across a group of friends, spanning 10 years."
- Over the weekend, #1 at the Boxoffice "The Lion King 3D," $29.3 million.
- Iowa Cops Throw the Book At Bookworm: Christopher Anspach has been jailed for failing to return 11 books and six CDs to a Des Moines, Iowa library. The 28 year-old was charged with third-degree theft.
- Senior Citizen Enrolls In First Grade: 78 year-old Apostol Stoyanov has enrolled in first grade. The Bulgarian says he never had the opportunity to get an education when he was younger because of distance and the high cost of schooling. Apostol plans to get a math tutor.