WKDQ is Hiring a New Morning Show Host and Digital & Radio Content Leader
Are you a visionary leader with a history of building high-performing teams and brands? Do you have a strong skillset and affinity for digital content distribution? If so, we’d like to talk to you.
We’re searching for someone with strong character, ambition, experience, success, and heart to help maximize the performance of our team’s talent, grow our audience size (on-air and online), and help generate revenue via programs, features, promotions, endorsements, our digital platforms, and events.
This leader will report to our Director of Content, have brand ownership of 1 station, perform an interactive and entertaining daily radio show, and write and publish at least two original articles for each weekday air shift on the station website.
This is not a remote position. If you’re interested, please share an achievement-oriented resume filled with accomplishments and quantifiable ratings, and digital success, a link to your show audio (SoundCloud/dropbox/etc.), and examples of your digital skills (including writing and video).
Townsquare is a digital-first company, built in tandem with great radio brands that emphasize great local content and community involvement. You must be excited to embrace and prioritize the digital world alongside the terrestrial and be ready to learn and grow with a world-class team.
Applicants must be social media savvy, and regularly contribute great local content to the station's website, mobile app, and all social platforms. Digital is not an afterthought here, it is part of our DNA - and what sets us apart.
The successful candidate must be able to connect and engage with the station's target audience on all platforms. You're ready to put down roots, build community relationships, and become a part of Evansville, IN - at a driven and inventive company that strongly values our most important asset - our people. We're in it for the long haul, and we're looking for someone who is ready to build and be part of that future.
- Host daily on-air shows Monday - Friday.
- Spend time each day doing daily show prep.
- Entertains and informs the listener audience both on the air, via digital content, and social media outlets.
- Publish a minimum of 2 original local articles per day on the station website and mobile app.
- Write assigned Facebook posts along with other social media platforms.
- Conducts on-air interviews, attends and assists in all market cluster live events, and produces commercials on a daily basis.
- Conducts Live Remotes and appearances and assists in special promotions and programming activities.
- Assist the Director of Content on various projects aimed at improving the quality of our brands and events
- Assist the Director of Content and Market President in building a high-performing team that is
positive and professional
- Vision, Leadership, and Management for 1 brand
- Conduct Regular Strategy Sessions with air talent and brainstorming sessions with the station
leadership and sales team
- Communicate clearly and effectively amongst departments and with key stakeholders
- Recruit top talent
- Entertain and inform audiences both on the air, via our digital platforms, our social media
outlets, and at station and partner events
- Work with sales leadership to generate revenue via programming, features, promotions,
endorsements, our digital platforms, and events
- Write and publish at least two original articles for each weekday air shift onto the station
- Engage daily with your audience via the station mobile app and the station’s accounts on
social media, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Incorporate content from the station’s digital platforms into your on-air show
- History of original written digital content
- Knowledge of basic FCC rules and regulations.
- Must have superior knowledge of current events and Country
- Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels, multi-task, and handle pressures and deadlines.
- Skill in operation of control board, remote broadcasting, and other related production equipment.
- Quickly become proficient in NexGen and Adobe Audition.
- Computer literacy in applicable programs and excellent verbal communication skills.
- Public speaking skills and ability to interact with listeners and clients in a public setting.
- Problem-solving ability and skill in prioritizing.
- 3 weeks of PTO (+ 9 paid holidays)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Casual, high-energy work environment
- Opportunity for upward mobility
- Company provided laptop
- Competitive salary + bonus program
- Company discounts
- Pet Insurance
- Time off for volunteering
Townsquare is a community-focused digital media, digital marketing solutions and radio company focused outside the Top 50 markets in the U.S. Our assets include Townsquare Interactive, a digital marketing services subscription business providing websites, search engine optimization, social platforms, and online reputation management for approximately 21,900 SMBs; Townsquare IGNITE, a proprietary digital programmatic advertising technology with an in-house demand and data management platform; and Townsquare Media, our portfolio of 357 local terrestrial radio stations in 74 cities with corresponding local news and entertainment websites and apps including legendary brands such as WYRK.com, WJON.com, and NJ101.5.com, along with a network of national music brands including XXLmag.com, TasteofCountry.com, UltimateClassicRock.com and Loudwire.com.
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING, LLC MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.
Townsquare Media provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Townsquare Media complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Townsquare Media expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Townsquare Media’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.