West Side Nut Club Hands Out Nearly $170,000 From Fall Festival
Here's another reminder that all of those calories you consume at the Fall Festival really do add up for a bunch of great causes. At their annual Founder's Day dinner, the West Side Nut Club announced how they would distribute the nearly $170,000 raised at the 2018 Fall Festival.
Almost 20 different organizations will receive a portion of all that money...and that doesn't even factor in all of the food booths, who are all not for profit by the way. They all get to keep what they make throughout the week. See the list of recipients below (in no particular order) and how much they got.
- Evansville Fire Department $2,000
- YMCA of Southwestern IN $2,000
- Ozanam Family Shelter - Evansville, Indiana $2,000
- West Franklin Business Association $2,500
- EVPL West Branch Library $3,000
- Gilda's Club Evansville $3,000
- Aurora Evansville $3,000
- Easterseals Rehabilitation Center $3,000
- The Arc of Evansville $3,420
- Boys & Girls Club of Evansville $5,000
- Vanderburgh County CASA $5,000
- Granted (Formerly Wish Upon A Star) $5,000
- Youth First, Inc. $6,000
- University of Southern Indiana$8,000
- EVSC (Evansville Vanderburgh School Corporation) Evansville High Schools (7) $14,000
- Diocese of Evansville Catholic Schools Evansville West Parochial (7) $28,000
- EVSC (Evansville Vanderburgh School Corporation) Evansville West Public Schools (8) $32,000
- Mater Dei High School Evansville $20,000
- FJ Reitz High School $20,000
According to the West Side Nut Club, they have raised over $5.6 million since the club was formed back in 1921.
[Source: Facebook/West Side Nut Club]