Thanksgiving Foods that Aren’t Safe for Dogs!
I love Thanksgiving, it's a holiday dedicated to hanging out with your family and eating as much food as you could possibly want! Unfortunately for our furry best friends, some of these foods aren't good for your dog!
Here's a few foods to NOT feed your dog on Thanksgiving
- Bones: Throw those cooked turkey bones away, they really aren't good for fido!
- Beer: you may like it, but it's not good for our dogs digestive systems.
- Mushrooms: Fungi is fine for humans, but for dogs mushrooms can cause seizures, vomiting, and some extreme cases, death.
- Macadamia Nuts: These are bad for your pups! They can cause macadamia nut toxicosis, and though it sounds made up, it's not!
- Onions and Garlic: Onions and garlic contain sulfides which are toxic dogs.
- Nutmeg: Sweet potatoes are good for dogs, however if you make them and add nutmeg, it can be very dangerous for your dog. Nutmeg has somethings in it that are hallucinogenic to dogs and can lead to seizures, or even worse.
The holidays are a time to be with family, and dogs are family, so make sure they're all taken care of too!
Wrigley & George will be enjoying their own Thanksgiving meal, of a nice big rawhide free bone, and no table food haha!