Nearly 60,000 Car Seats Sold Between 2020- 2023 Recalled
If you have a car seat in your car, you need to check and make sure it isn't a part of this recall.
Car Seat Safety
Car seat safety for kids is extremely important, but until I had my son, I had no clue about car seat safety. However once I was ready to purchase my son's first car seat, I did so much research that I could tell you all about car seats until you're tired of hearing about it. I think many moms and caregivers are this way, because ultimately when we're transporting our kiddos, we want to make sure they are as safe as possible. If you have a kid who is still small enough to be in a car seat, or you transport a small child regularly, you can freshen up on car seat safety guidelines, here.
Nearly 60,000 Car Seats Recalled
According to a report from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), the following car seats fall under the recall:
- Safety 1st onBoard 35 SecureTech IC351 rear-facing infant seats manufactured between May 1, 2022 and Feb. 28, 2023
- Maxi-Cosi Coral XP IC313 seats manufactured between May 1, 2020 and Feb. 28, 2023
- Maxi-Cosi Mico XP Max IC337 seats manufactured between Jan. 1, 2021 and Feb. 28, 2023
- Maxi-Cosi Mico XP IC336 and IC338 seats manufactured between Sept. 1, 2020 and Feb. 28, 2023
- Maxi-Cosi Infant Base IC335 seat bases manufactured between Jan. 1, 2021 and Feb. 28, 2023
- Maxi-Cosi Micro Luxe+ IC370 seats manufactured between Jan. 1, 2022 and Feb. 28, 2023
According to the recall information from the NHTSA, the car seat anchors may fail which may cause the car seat to detach from the vehicle seat. In the meantime, the NHTSA says the seats are safe to continue use as long as the seats are anchored with the vehicle's seatbelt and not the car seat's lower anchor system.
Here is what the NHTSA says:
Owners are advised to only secure their child seat(s) with the vehicle belt restraint system until the seat is remedied. Dorel will mail a replacement base to owners, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed April 7, 2023. Owners may contact Dorel customer service at 1-877-657-9546 or RetractableLatchRecall@djgusa.com.
You can read the full recall information, here.