The Cheapest Grocery Store in The United States is in Evansville, Indiana
Are the cost of groceries making you want to go on a month-long fast? You're not alone. Between rising costs and ever-shrinking budgets, making ends meet at the supermarket can feel like an uphill battle.
See Which Grocery Chain is the Cheapest Below
The Power of Meal Planning
Winging it in the aisles is a recipe for disaster (and overspending!). The experts say that we should dedicate an hour each week to plan our meals.
- Craft a grocery list: Based on your planned meals, create a targeted list to avoid impulse buys.
- Embrace versatility: Choose recipes with overlapping ingredients to minimize waste and maximize value.
- Utilize leftovers: Plan meals that repurpose leftovers for lunch or future dinners, reducing food waste.
Embrace the Pantry Staples
Think beyond the immediate. Stock up on affordable, shelf-stable pantry staples like beans, rice, pasta, and canned goods. These versatile ingredients form the foundation of countless budget-friendly meals.
Befriend the Frozen Aisles
Frozen fruits and vegetables are often flash-frozen at their peak ripeness, locking in nutrients and saving you money compared to fresh options that may spoil quickly. Plus, frozen protein like fish and chicken can be surprisingly affordable and convenient.
MarketForce Information's U.S. Grocery Benchmark Study
ALDI is the grocery chain that is number one on the list for the best value for your money. We are fortunate to have two locations in Evansville and in Owensboro, Kentucky. 90% of the customers who were polled noted that ALDI gave them the most value for their money.
ALDI is a discount grocery store with German roots dating back to 1961. Over the past 50+ years, however, the company opened more than 2,000 stores across 39 U.S. states. It aims to offer a no-frills shopping experience with hand-selected, high-quality products and low prices."One of the cheapest grocery stores in the U.S. right now is ALDI, which has seen a steady increase in popularity in recent years. Many diehard fans enjoy the quality and exclusivity of most of ALDI's products, including the ever-changing seasonal items lineup," says Jake Hill, CEO of the personal finance website DebtHammer.
Shop Smart, Save Big
- Compare unit prices: Don't be fooled by package size! Compare the price per unit (e.g., per ounce) to find the true value.
- Generic vs. name brand: Consider generic brands, which often offer comparable quality at a fraction of the price.
- Seasonal sales: Plan meals around seasonal produce when it's at its most affordable and flavorful.Get our free mobile app
13 of the Nation's Most Popular Grocery Stores Are in Kentucky and We Rank 'EmYouGov.com crunched the numbers and came up with the most popular grocery chains in America. In this list, you'll find 13 chains that are located in Kentucky. They all made the top 25 and we're here to count them down.
Gallery Credit: Dave Spencer