What To Know About The Clear Bag Policy at Ford Center & The Victory Theatre Before Your Next Visit
Now that live entertainment is back, we wanted to take a minute to remind you of the clear bag policy that has been implemented at both Ford Center and the Victory Theatre to continue their efforts to provide a safe and secure environment for concerts and events.
Keep It Clear
The clear bag policy was implemented in the fall of 2019, just before the pandemic shut everything down a few months later. Now that live entertainment and events are happening again, you may need a refresher on the bag policy for both Evansville's Ford Center and Victory Theatre.
The venues, and their parent company, Venuworks, guests to be aware of the following guidelines regarding the use of bags and getting through security checkpoints efficiently.
- Each fan may carry one bag that is clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC no larger than 12” x 6” x 12 or a one-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- In addition to one of the clear bags noted above, guests may also carry in a small clutch purse no larger than 4.5" x 6.5", Approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap, subject to search.
- Each ticket holder, including children, will be able to carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse.
- Metal detector screening and a search of all items being carried in will take place at the Ford Center and Victory Theatres entrances. There are no provisions available at the Ford Center or Victory Theatre to store or safeguard any prohibited bags. Guests will be asked to return prohibited items to their vehicle.
- Diapers and wipes may be carried in a clear bag; however, diaper bags are not permitted.
- Additional clothing, blankets, etc. are permitted if carried loosely or in an approved clear bag.
- Blankets should be carried over the shoulder to be screened more quickly.
- Small approved cameras, binoculars and cell phones are permitted if carried in loosely or in an approved clear bag.
There are a small number of exceptions that will be made for properly credentialed staff, approved media outlets, and items that are medically necessary that do not fit into a clear bag. However, a proper inspection will still be performed.
What If You Bring a Bag That Isn't Clear
So what happens if you bring in a bag that doesn't meet these requirements? Not only will it not be allowed to be brought into the venue but it also will be your responsibility to dispose of it or go back and put it in your vehicle. There will be no bag check available. If you are carrying a wristlet or clutch, you may still be allowed to bring it in as long it does not "exceed 4.5 inches tall by 6.5 inches long" and it has been properly screened by security. Also, keep in mind that only one bag is allowed per ticket holder. For additional safety info, including a list of prohibited items, visit the venue websites:
How to Get a Clear Bag
We try to keep our station vehicle stocked with clear bags that meet the safety guidelines of our local venues. If you see us out, stop and grab one for free. Otherwise, there are a number of options like the items below, on Amazon. (**as an Amazon affiliate, we may earn a commission if you choose to purchase after clicking a link.)
11 Music Venues That Are Reportedly Haunted