This Keto Friendly Pizza Will Blow Your Mind!
Ever since I started my diet, there has been one food that I have been craving nonstop...PIZZA! I have been doing the Keto diet, and with that you must drastically lower your carb intake. Therefore, pizza was out of the question. That was until I did some research on how I can satisfy my craving.
Sure, I could have made a cauliflower crust, but with as picky of an eater that I am, I probably wouldn't have liked it. Then the bright idea hit me to use CHEESE as the crust, and I did just that! It took no time/effort at all to make, and by the time I ate it, I blew my own mind with how good this thing was. I knew that I had to share it with you!
So how can you turn cheese into a pizza crust? I am glad you asked. It was a simple combination of shredded mozzarella cheese and egg. That's it. I told you that it was easy! It's the perfect crust, especially for those like me who love a good thin crust pizza. Even if you aren't on the Keto diet, I highly recommend trying this because it was that good!
Here is how to make it. Keep in mind that this recipe will feed 2-3 people, so you can always modify the recipe to feed more or less.
Cooking spray for pan
5 large eggs
5 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese (Don't do anything that says low fat!)
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste (I used garlic salt as well)
Pizza sauce (I used the Chef Boyardee sauce as it had the lowest amount of carbs)
- Your favorite pizza toppings (I used beef, sausage, black olive, mushrooms, and pepperoni)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Grease a small baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a skillet, brown the sausage and beef (if these are toppings that you choose)
- Crust: In a medium bowl, stir together eggs, 4 cups mozzarella cheese, and the parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper, and then spread mixture evenly on the baking sheet. You can spread it in a circle or to fill the pan. Whatever shape you desire.
- Bake 13-15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Then spread pizza sauce on top of baked crust. Top with remaining 1 cup of mozzarella, pepperoni, mushrooms, and olives (or whatever ingredients you desire).
- Bake 15 minutes more or until cheese is melted and crust is crispy. Once out of the oven, you can add some Italian seasoning or oregano for extra flavor.
- Slice and remove from pan while still warm and ENJOY!!!
There you have it! Amazing low-carb Keto pizza! Don't let the odd shape of my pizza fool you, it was DELICIOUS! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!