Need a Job? Evansville’s New Chipotle Mexican Grill Accepting Applications
As construction continues on Evansville's first Chipotle Mexican Grill on the east side, the national burrito chain has begun to look for employees.
The new store, located at the corner of Green River Road and Virginia Street in the lot formerly home to Deter's Jewelers, is looking for everything from managers to food prep workers. According to the Jobs section of their official website, ideal candidates for general crew workers will:
- Have the ability to develop positive working relationships with all restaurant personnel and work as part of a team by helping others as needed or requested
- Have the ability to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests and other employees
- Have the ability to maintain a professional appearance at all times and display a positive and enthusiastic approach to all assignments
- Be able to exhibit a cheerful and helpful attitude, and provide exceptional customer service
- Be able to adapt to changing customer volume levels with a sense of urgency
- Have the ability to demonstrate a complete understanding of the menu
- Be able to follow instructions for recipes and sanitation guidelines
- Have the ability to be cross-trained in all areas of the kitchen and line
- Have the ability to communicate in the primary language(s) of the work location
- Have a high school diploma
Responsibilities include the ability to follow recipes accurately and maintaining food preparation processes such as marinating, seasoning, and grilling meats; chopping herbs; dicing, cutting, and slicing vegetables, providing a friendly, quality customer experience to each Chipotle customer, as well as cleaning equipment thoroughly and in a timely fashion according to Chipotle sanitation guideline.
For those interested in a management position, the company says ideal candidates will:
- Be able to develop positive working relationships with all restaurant personnel
- Speak clearly and listen attentively to guests and employees
- Possess exceptional customer service skills
- Have the ability to speak, write, read, and understand the primary language(s) of the work location
- Have the ability to adapt and succeed in a fast paced environment
- Have previous restaurant management experience
- Have experience as a Chipotle Apprentice
- Have applied experience handling OSHA, EEOC, and health department matters
- Have an A.A. or B.A./B.S in a related field
- Have knowledge of and the ability to use a PC and Microsoft Office Suite
Other responsibilities for managers will include, leading the restaurant team in successful day-to-day operations, properly training and developing crew, hourly managers, and apprentices, as well as identifying talent, interviewing, and hiring new Crew while demonstrating the management style that is reflective of Chipotle's values and culture.
For more info, and to apply online, visit jobs.chipotle.com.