Check Out Photos from Our Red Cross Mediathon #TriStateRedCross
We will be broadcasting LIVE along with our sister stations and Eyewitness News 25 throughout the day from the American Red Cross Evansville-Wabash Valley Region to help raise funds for recent midwest and southern United States storm relief. Check out some of the photos below and help those affected by disasters like tornadoes, floods and other crises, make a donation to American Red Cross Disaster Relief by visiting www.redcross.org, calling 1-800-RED CROSS or texting the word REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation.
How Can I Spread the Word?
How Will My Donation Be Used?
- As many as 430 people spent last Tuesday night in 29 Red Cross and community shelters in Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Florida, Kansas, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma and Tennessee.
- People who need to find a shelter can contact their local Red Cross chapter or access the Red Cross shelter map on redcross.org. This map is updated every 30 minutes with shelter locations by address, city, state and/or zip code.
- This has been a deadly and devastating storm and Red Cross disaster mental health workers are available to help people cope with the aftermath
- The Red Cross will be on the ground in these affected areas for weeks to help people get back on their feet.
- Red Cross emergency vehicles will hand out meals, snacks and relief supplies in affected communities. Damage assessment teams are also helping to determine the full scope of the destruction left behind by this storm.
- The Red Cross has already served nearly 9,000 meals and snacks and handed out hundreds of essential relief items to people in need, providing shelter, critical meds and clothing.