What Are The Ten Most Common Phobias?
With today being Halloween, you will see a lot of "scary" things, but which of these scary things are you truly afraid of?
Ranker.com conducted a survey of the most common phobias. a phobia is defined by the Merriam-Webster Dictionary as "an exaggerated usually inexplicable and illogical fear of a particular object, class of objects, or situation."
The survey asked more than 9,000 people to name their biggest fears. Let's see if your phobia made the top 10!
1. Arachnophobia, fear of spiders.
2. Acrophobia, fear of heights.
3. Claustrophobia, fear of small spaces.
4. Thalassophobia, fear of deep water.
5. Necrophobia, fear of death.
6. Glossophobia, fear of public speaking.
7. Ophidiophobia, fear of snakes.
8. Tryanophobia, fear of needles.
9. Entomophobia, fear of insects.
10. Galeophobia, fear of sharks.
If you don't see your phobia in the top ten above, you can see the full list by clicking here.