Sprint Car Racing at Tri-State Speedway on Father’s Day
I can remember being just about six-years-old, maybe even younger, and my dad tossed me into the passenger seat of his old Pontiac with a six pack of cheap beer and a couple of ham sandwiches. I had no idea where we were going, only that we were headed there in a hurry – fish tailing down gravel roads without our seat belts on. Turns out that we were on our way to watch the sprint care races at Tri-State Speedway.
That was my first taste of rowdy Indiana!
The exhaust coming off the sprint cars made my eyes burn and even though dad said he didn’t have enough money to buy cheeseburgers at the concession stand, the two of us swallowed just enough dirt to kill the hunger pangs.
My eyes watered for days, and my ears are still ringing!
Those are some pretty good memories from way back in the polaroid days. So with Sunday being Father’s Day, the old man and I have decided to head out to Tri-State Speedway to watch a few reunion laps.
This time I am getting that cheeseburger, and a couple of those beers!
Sunday, June 17
Father’s Day MSCS Sprints plus Modifieds
Children 12 and under: FREE
Ticket Purchasing Info
- Tickets for all events may be ordered in advance by calling 812-768-6025. VISA & MASTERCARD ACCEPTED.
- Ticket prices below are cash discount prices. (check or cash)
- Additional fee of 5% of sale will be added to credit card orders.
- No credit cards or checks accepted at Ticket Booths on Race Night – Cash Only Sales.
- No one under the age of 14 permitted in Pit Area! (For ticket purposes: STUDENT AGE: 13-18 YRS. OLD)
- Located in Haubstadt, IN, approx. 15 miles N. of Evansville, IN. - Home of the Midwest Sprint Car Series