Secrets to Getting a Perfect Golden Brown Chicken on the Grill [Recipe]
Until recently, I let my husband do all the grilling. Though he’ll never admit it, I had to take over the stainless-steel man’s work because, well, I’m the better cook and he kept burning our food.
It took me a while to figure out how to achieve a golden brown chicken that turns out perfect almost ever time. Plus, it’s easy… bonus!
Golden Brown Grilled Chicken Tips
- Heat grill to lowest setting
- If using a whole chicken fill a soda can with water or pop open a beer can. Prop chicken on beer can in middle of grill over tin foil. If using chicken part, lay bone side down on in-direct heat. If you have a grill that has an option floating or raised surface, use it.
- Always leave the skin on and baste with mixture below.
- Do not turn your chicken over – just turn at a 90-180 degree angle. Keep lid closed as much as possible.
- Cook 30-45 mins or until juice run clear.
- Keep a water bottle handy if the flames start to burn your bird.
- NEVER put BBQ sauce or any other sauce beside the below baste on your bird during cook time. Apply 3-5 mins before taking your bird off the grill. Sugar will burn!
Golden Brown Grilled Chicken Baste
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 cloves minced fresh garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp chopped parsley (optional) or other fresh or dried herbs