On the Go Breakfast – Savory Eggs and Toast [Recipe]
When I get up in the morning, I don't feel like eating until about two hours into my day. It's a weird habit I've always had. Two hours into my day, I'm usually at work or at least driving to work and making breakfast is pretty much impossible.
I love eggs and toast but scrambling eggs and keeping it ON the toast is difficult when you are commuting and it adds an extra 15 minutes to my morning so I discovered something I can make at home the night before, grab it and nuke it when I get to work or right before I leave so I can eat it in the car. Savory eggs and toast. It's a lot like French toast but with a twist.
- 2 slices of whole wheat or Italian white bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp butter or cooking spray
- Italian seasoning to taste - McCormick Grinders Italian Herb Seasoning is pretty delicious or fresh herbs like Rosemary, parsley and/or chives
- Heat skillet on med/high heat and melt butter or spray with cooking oil.
- Mix your eggs and seasoning in a bowl.
- Dip bread into egg mixture coating well.
- Place onto hot skillet. Pour remaining egg mixture over bread.
- Cook thoroughly.
- Serve with cream cheese (optional).
Enjoy this blog post?
You’ll love our What Women Want Expo! All your favorite girly vices at one location! What Women Want will feature vendors from all over the tri-state including: salon and spa, makeup, perfume, clothing, jewelry and accessories, treats and candies, gifts, wellness and fitness, weight loss and much more! If women want it, it will be at What Women Want!
When: Saturday, May 10th from 10am to 4pm
Where: The Clarion Inn, 4101 U.S. 41, Evansville, IN.
So bring your sister, your mother, your aunt and your friends—and don’t forget to bring your man! Let him shop for Mother’s Day while you model a new look!
Admission is $2.00 per person. A portion of proceeds will benefit the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
If you are a business owner that wants to be a vendor, fill out this form and we will get in touch with you shortly.
Read More: Orange Creamsicle Smoothie [Recipe] | http://wjltevansville.com/orange-creamsicle-smoothie-recipe/?trackback=tsmclip