If you're going to cook and eat a squirrel, for some inexplicable reason, we can stake with confidence that a blowtorch is not the way to go about doing it.

An unidentified man in Holland Township, Michigan, apparently caught and killed a squirrel for dinner. The problem, of course, is that squirrels are covered in fur, so he was attempting to singe the hair off the varmint with a propane torch. Needless to say, the fire that caused got out of hand quite rapidly.

The net result? Eight apartments destroyed and another twenty four rendered uninhabitable by smoke and water damage. Also, a firefighter broke his toe. It's unclear what the man who started all this will be charged with, but being gross seems a good start.