Live Longer, Seriously
According to a study that spanned over eighty years, cheery people die sooner. WHAT?!?!?!?!
Researchers found that some stress is actually good for you, as serious people may live longer than those with sunny dispositions.
According to MSNBC, here are some recommendations for long life from the study:
- Not All Stress Is the Same — If you hate your job, quit before the stress kills you. But, if you love your job, don’t worry about the stress.
- Reach Out and Touch Someone Often — People who connect with friends and family tend to live longer.
- Don’t Make Your Dog Your Best Friend — Pets are nice, but they are no substitute for human contact. People with pets didn’t live any longer than others in the study.
- Marry Well — Be careful about who you choose to marry. A good marriage may lead to longevity, but a bad marriage — and divorce — can shave years off your life.
- Don’t Retire Early — A lot of people think that early retirement will help them live longer, but the study shows that the opposite might be true.
Now, go live a long, good stress life!! Seriously!!!!