Let’s Get Healthy
Let’s Get Healthy is brought to you by the YMCA.
For years, nutrition experts have been telling us that snacking between meals is actually a good thing because it keeps our metabolism fired up.
But, snacking on empty calories and junk food can be a big problem.
Here are some guidelines about the sorts of foods you should – and shouldn’t – be snacking on:
- Instead of sugary fruit-on-the-bottom yogurt, try plain Greek yogurt.
- If you’re looking for finger food, put down the M&Ms and pick up some almonds.
- When dipping, stay away from creamy ranch dip and enjoy some hummus.
- Soda is bad. Chocolate milk is good.
- If you’re in the mood for pretzels, look for spelt pretzels. They’re healthier and have half the calories.
Source: Yahoo Health