Leslie’s Lovin It – Pumpkin Cheesecake Squares
One of the things I love the most about Fall is anything pumpkin! There is just something about the flavor of pumpkin that just screams Fall. So, I feel like I should share, with you, a recipe I found on Facebook. :-)
I made a few changes to make it a little simpler but you know that if you mix pumpkin and cheesecake, you can't go wrong. It's gonna be GOOD!!!:-)
PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE SQUARES
- Box of Graham Crackers
- Butter or margarine
- ½ package brick cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup pure pumpkin purée
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 whole egg, at room temperature
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ package brick cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 ½ tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Smash up enough graham crackers to fill bottom of 9X13 baking dish.
- Melt 1 stick of butter or margarine and pour over graham crackers.
- Mix well and smash with spoon around entire bottom and up the sides about 1/4 inch.
- Beat the cream cheese to soften and then stir in sugar. Add the pumpkin and stir until smooth. Using whisk add flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Then egg and and set to the side.
- For the cheesecake swirl, beat the cream cheese until smooth and then stir in the sugar, egg yolk and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour the pumpkin cheesecake onto graham cracker crust crust. Swirl the cheesecake swirl on top using handle end of spoon. Bake for about 35 minutes. Cool the squares to room temperature, then chill for at least 2 hours before slicing.
- Keep squares in refrigerator, for no longer than 3 days.
I don't know about you, but I am making this ASAP!!!