It’s Thursday, September 22nd And Here Are The Things You Need To Know
– Today is, Dear Diary Day, Elephant Appreciation Day, Hobbit Day, National White Chocolate Day
– Deadline Hollywood claims Universal Pictures is developing a new version of Scarface. The film won’t be a remake or sequel, but instead will take the common theme from Al Pacino’s film where an immigrant comes to America and takes over the crime scene.
– Troy Davis died by lethal injection last night for the 1989 killing of an off-duty police officer in Savannah, Georgia.
– One of Tom Brady’s bathrobes was recently auctioned off for $2,600. Proceeds went to a local Boston charity.
– Facebook is reportedly adding three new buttons. Users will be able to choose “Like” in addition to “Read, Watched,” and “Listened.”
– Some Home Depots are already stocking Christmas trees.
– 22-year-old Bridget Jordan of Sandoval, Illinois, has been officially proclaimed the World’s Shortest Woman. She’s only 2-foot, 3-inches.
– If the guy in the cubicle next to you stinks, there’s a reason. Twenty percent of men don’t use shampoo or deodorant, according to a new British survey
– 17 year-old Courtney Stodden and her 51-year-old husband, Doug Hutchison, are shopping a new reality show about their lives.
– The TSA is under fire again for searching a woman’s Afro for bombs. Isis Brantley was walking through Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport when two TSA agents asked to check her head.
– A new PetSmart survey reveals that 17% of pet owners plan to dress their pet in a Halloween costume this year. Angels, vampires, witches, basketball players, pumpkins and pirates are this year’s top pet costumes.
– Suri Cruise’s monthly beauty regime costs $1,500. A source says, “Once a month, Katie sets up a spa and salon in their Beverly Hills home, like an adult version of the Rodeo Drive experience. They’ll put Suri in a gown, wash her hair with Aveda shampoo and then Katie styles her hair so that she feels like a real movie star. Katie thinks it’s OK as long as it’s only for play.”
– Onemillionmoms.com is calling for a protest of Dancing With the Stars because Chaz Bono is competing. Mom rep Monica Cole says, “This is completely unacceptable and Christians should not watch the show, no excuses! [Carson] Kressley will be paired up with a female dancer, and since Chastity transformed to Chaz after her sex change in 2009, she will also be paired with a female dancer.”