It’s Cyber Monday, Watch Out!
Let's see....go shopping at the mall or shop online?
ONLINE all the way!!!! If you are an online shopper too, here are 5 tips to avoid scams, today, Cyber Monday, and the rest of the Christmas shopping season.
1. Protect your smartphone and computer from bogus software. - Malware can spy on your internet surfing, steal your personal information and use your computer or phone to send spam. Beware downloading holiday-themed screensavers, ringtones or e-cards. Download apps only from official app stores.
2. Guard your personal information. - Don’t fall for offers on social networks that promise a free iPad or airline tickets in exchange for personal information. Never email credit card numbers – email is not completely secure.
3. Use search engines to check for scams – Key in a company or product name with words like “scam,” “review” and “complaint.” Read the reviews, but don’t put your trust in one review.
4. Pay by credit or charge card for extra protection. - The Fair Credit Billing Act gives consumers the right to dispute charges under certain circumstances.
5. Keep a paper trail. - Print records of online transactions and copies of emails sent between you and the seller.
For more tips, click here!!
Source: Yahoo News