Indiana Police Are Going To Be Cracking Down On This
If you are going to be driving anywhere in Indiana, especially around Evansville, you may want to make sure you do this!
Indiana law enforcement agencies from around the area will be participating in the state-wide Click It Or Ticket campaign. Indiana law enforcement agencies have been actively involved in the Click It or Ticket campaign for 30 years now. This year will be no different. The Click It or Ticket campaign begins Friday, May 11, and concludes Sunday, June 3.
The idea behind this isn't to issue out a bunch of tickets, it's simply to help save lives. Law enforcement will be specifically looking for seat belt and child safety seat violations during the May blitz. So make sure that you buckle up before you hit the road. No matter what your driving/riding in, not wearing a seat belt will result in a ticket!
Here are a few seat belt tips from Click It or Ticket agencies:
• Secure lap belts across your hips and pelvis, below your stomach.
• Place a shoulder belt across the middle of your chest and rib cage, away from your neck.
• Never put the shoulder belt behind your back or under an arm.
• If your seat belt doesn’t fit you or you have an older car with lap belts only, ask your dealer or vehicle manufacturer about seat belt adjustments, extenders or retrofits.
• Speak up when friends or family members do not buckle up. One life lost is too many, so don’t leave any of your loved ones behind.
In Indiana, unrestrained children under 16 are the driver’s responsibility. Adults set the example and parents who don’t buckle up are more likely to have unbuckled kids. With that being said, if you are pulled over for violating these laws, it will result one ticket for you and one for each unrestrained child. Be smart. Be Safe. Buckle up!