Have You Ever Noticed How Many Cliches and Stupid Sayings We Use?
Thanks to social media and digital technology we have a whole new way to talk to each other now that gets kind of annoying. Things like….LOL, IDK IMHO and the list goes on and on. You know what I really Hate? When you text someone a question and their answer is ‘k’. K….what the heck kind of thing is that to say???? “K”…..totally ridiculous. Even before social media we had dumb cliches and stupid expressions. I actually used one today when a friend asked if he could borrow a dollar….I said, and I wanted to kick myself for saying it….”don’t spend it all in one place”…what, really…I said that? I did…I’m such a tool.
Some other dumb cliches include:
- “What goes around, comes around”. Basically, this means if someone does something bad to you, they will get theirs. You know what? No they won’t…people do bad stuff all the time without any penalty
- “A watched pot never boils”. Uh, yes it will. You leave the burner on high, don’t worry the water will boil even if you’re watching it like a hawk.
- “Work like a dog”. I don’t know about you, but every dog I ever see is only doing one of four things….eating, sleeping, pooping or licking himself…sheesh!
We also have some very derogatory terms for people’s I.Q. Level:
- “Dumber than a bag of hammers”. Really…are hammers smart? I have never had an intelligent conversation with a hammer.
- “Doesn’t have both oars in the water”. Oars are overrated, put an engine on that row boat dude.
- “Just fell off the turnip truck”
- My personal all-time favorite…..”A couple of fries short of a Happy Meal”. What does that mean????
Anyway, I think you get my drift. We have a cliche for everything, but you know what? It’s all good because what doesn’t kill us, only makes us stronger, right? Peace out homies, have a great weekend.