Get Ready For Your High School Reunion
High school reunions give us a lot of things to stress out about -- weight, hairstyle, kids and jobs. But you don't need to freak out about your outfit. According to the Wall Street Journal, as long as you follow a few simple rules ... you'll be FINE!! :-)
- It's better to wear something comfortable from your existing wardrobe than something new that might be stiff or make you more self-conscious because you haven't test-driven it.
- If you've put on some pounds since school, go for tonal combinations, like a violet with a pale lavender. Yes, you can go for slimming black, but all black is too dull -- liven it up with a bright accessory or blouse.
- Don't be overly concerned with the latest trend, but clothes should at least nod to current fashions -- and not look back to your high school days. Hot colors this season include cobalt, marine and electric blue.
- If you're going with a spouse, don't wear matching or closely coordinated outfits. The man should always dress more subtly than the woman he is with, no matter whose reunion it is.
- The worst offenses? For a guy, wearing clothes that are clearly a size or two too small. For some women, picking an outfit that shows off, shall we say, "cosmetic enhancements."