Five Discontinued Girl Scout Cookies They Should Bring Back – And One They Shouldn’t
Girl Scout Cookie time is here again, and soon I'll be tearing into countless boxes of Thin Mints and Tagalongs (that's right, Tagalongs! I'm from Kentucky where we don't call them Peanut Butter Patties). I can go back in my memory banks and find some yummy types of Girl Scout Cookies that have since disappeared that we should have back.
I saw about every flavor of cookie there was in the 2 or 3 years my mom served as the troop leader for my sister. I even spent a year or two at Girl Scout Camp, but that's another story for another day.
Here are 5 Girl Scout Cookies I wish they would bring back to the lineup:
1) Chalet Cremes - These were amazing, and best of all, you had a choice. Do you want a cookie with vanilla creme or lemon creme? How about both!
2) Cafe Cookies - While Trefoils are just shortbread cookies and are in a word...bland, Cafe Cookies add a bit of cinnamon topping and they have a winner!
3) Shout Outs - Belgian-style caramelized cookies? What could be better? How about positive statements on top like 'Believe,' 'Act,' and 'Learn!'
4) Snaps - They were a simple concept, but how tasty! A crispy oatmeal raisin cookie with icing on top!
5) Double Dutch - How do you make chocolate chip cookies better? Make them chocolate chocolate chip cookies, that's how!
After looking at the discontinued cookie list, I did find one Girl Scout Cookie (and I use that term lightly) that I don't remember and should never come back. They're called the Golden Yangles and they are triangular cheddar crackers. Blasphemy! Crackers shall not be put in a Girl Scout cookie box! Good riddance Yangles. Never come back!