Evansville Ranks Among the Highest in the Nation for Car Thefts
Here's some tips to help prevent you becoming a victim of vehicle theft!
According to NeighborhoodScout.com Evansville has one of the highest rates of motor vehicle theft in the nation according to our analysis of FBI crime data. This is compared to communities of all sizes, from the smallest to the largest. In fact, your chance of getting your car stolen if you live in Evansville is one in 312.
We all work hard for what we have, so I know we want to protect our things.
While sometimes you can do everything correctly, your car can still get broken into or stolen, here's some ideas from SafeWise.com that can help deter criminals.
- Do not leave keys in the car, even spare keys that are hidden.
- Always lock your car doors, and roll your windows up. Sure it seems a bit obvious, but anything you can do to make the job harder for a potential robber, the better!
- Park in a well lit area, a crowded area, or if you can near building entrances where they may be a lot of foot traffic, and security cameras. SafeWise also recommends parking garages if you can.
- Don't leave valuables in your vehicle. A purse or laptop in plain sight is a great incentive for someone to steal your car. Or at least break into it and steal your stuff.
- Don't leave your car running.
- You can find more details, and ways to help deter a car theft, here.