Digital Job Hub: Heavy Equipment Mechanic – Brake Supply Company
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
- Perform parts, components, systems and machine inspections to determine operational discrepancies.
- Identify the problem and cause of failure through logical troubleshooting steps.
- Determine corrective action through the inspection of failed parts.
- Ability to repair parts and components (i.e. wet brakes, transmissions, cylinders).
- Make critical adjustments as required to various parts, components and systems.
- Use all tooling in a manner that is not destructive to the tooling or the item being serviced.
- Dispose of failed parts, fluids and other waste in a manner that is considerate of the environment.
- Complete all necessary documentation and follow up as required in a timely, orderly manner.
- Demonstrate the ability to learn and apply new knowledge.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Must be able to read and comprehend specifications, service and parts literature, technical bulletins and other related publications. 5+ years exp in similar position working on Caterpillar equipment. Strong mechanical knowledge including hydraulics. Ability to read prints. Candidate must demonstrate a high level of mechanical aptitude.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent. Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred. Minimum 5+ years experience in the truck or construction repair business, CAT experience a definite plus. Ability to read micrometer. Excellent compensation and benefits package.
Join a willing team today and build your future.
Part or Full-Time
Brake Supply Company
Brake Supply was started in 1947 as repair shop for automotive brakes. In 1986, Brake Supply was acquired by Koch Enterprises, Inc. Over the years, Brake Supply developed expertise rebuilding heavy duty off road powertrain components and hydraulic cylinders. Today our exchange inventory is valued at over $30 million, allowing customers to keep their equipment up and running with minimal down time.
Where to Apply - Contact Email
Where to Apply - Online Application