Digital Job Fair: Easter Seals Rehabilitation Center [APPLY HERE]
Direct Support Professional – DSP
1. Maintain strict confidentiality regarding client, employee, and agency information.
2. Responsible for monitoring the safety of clients assigned.
A. Report and document injuries and accidents following the appropriate procedures.
B. Knowing each client’s background, medical orders, visitation allowance, hospital preference, allergies, reinforces, behavior improvement plans, goals, objectives, current medications, and assume responsibility for record maintenance as needed.
C. Immediately report any suspected abuse (verbal, physical, sexual) or neglect to supervisor.
D. Become familiar with and follow Individual Plan Program.
3. Prepare, assist, or supervise clients with the following as needed.
A. Meal preparation
C. Daily housework
F. Making medical appointments
G. Medication administration
H. Activities specified in the Individual Program Plan
L. Becoming independent with all living skills
A. Follow times on schedule
B. Employees do not have a set schedule
C. Work a varied of days and hours
3. Maintain strict confidentiality regarding clients and agency information.
4. Transport clients to appointments, shopping, and recreational activities.
5. Implement behavior improvement plans by following the outlines exactly and properly documenting.
6. Keep daily client progress notes through narrative notes
7. Adhere to all state and agency regulation and guidelines.
8. Participate in staff meetings, client meetings, and in-service training.
9. Responsible for contacting supervisor and finding own replacement at the supervisors discretion.
10. Responsible for turning in timesheets every Sunday by noon and by 10am on holidays, as well as chronos if applicable.
11. Responsible for training new staff.
1. Abide by the compliance policy and meet departmental compliance training requirements.
1. Assist clients plan vacations, outings and trip into the community.
Physical lifting and/or transferring of certain clients. Must be able to lift 40 pounds frequently and 80 pounds occasionally.
Work in client’s homes providing care and services.
Have a high school diploma or GED or demonstrate the ability to read and write sufficiently for the duties of the position. Have/Maintain First Aid and CPR certification. Complete State Mandatory Medication Administration Training upon being hired. Have at least 6 months experience working with persons with developmental disabilities or completed additional training upon being hired. Have a valid driver’s license and insured vehicle. Be at least 18 years of age. Requires the ability to hear, see, talk, read, and write on a constant basis.
Part or Full-Time
• Second Shift
• Third Shift
Easter Seals Rehabilitation Center
The mission of Easter Seals Rehabilitation Center Community Living Services is to join with others to offer the necessary supports with which all people with developmental disabilities have their rightful chance to:
• be included in their community
• make increasingly responsible choices
• establish and maintain relationships
• develop their talents
Where to Apply – Contact Name
Where to Apply – Contact Phone
812-471-2214 ext 585
Where to Apply – Contact Email