Buffalo Wild Wings – Wing Eating Contest Rules
Buffalo Wild Wings Eating Contest Rules- 2012
- The contest will take place at Buffalo Wild Wings Westside on Friday, August 10th, from 11am-2pm.
- Each contestant must sign a release provided to them by Townsquare Media and Buffalo Wild Wings.
- Each team member must be at least 18 years of age.
- 20 5-person teams will compete. 2 groups of 10 teams will compete simultaneously at 2 pre-determined heats (11:30-12:30 and 1:00-2:00).
- Each registered team will represent the charity of their choice and will be competing for the grand prize of $2000 cash for their charity and a $1000 advertising package!
- Entry fee per team: $50.
- We ask each of our teams to be on site 20 minutes prior to their scheduled time.
- At the judges’ signal, the team of five will be served the first 25 wings. Once the entire 25 is consumed, the next 25 will be served. This continues until the team, either 1) gives up, 2) reaches the one-hour time limit, or 3) finishes all 125 wings.
- The wings will progressively get more difficult, starting with Sweet BBQ, Mild, Medium, Hot, and finally Blazin’.
- An eaten wing will be defined as an entire boneless wing that is eaten and swallowed and remains swallowed during the judging period.
- Only the 5 registered team members may eat the wings, but any team member may eat at any time and eat as many wings as they can.
- Non-Alcoholic Drinks and Veggie Sticks will be available, but NO dipping of wings into drinks will be allowed.
- At the end of the one-hour time period, each team’s wing count will be tallied and a winner will be determined in each heat.
- If more than one team completes all 125 wings, the team who did so in the quickest time, will win the heat.
- The wing number/times of the two heat winners will be compared by judges to determine an overall winner.