Better than ‘Baking Cookies’ Pumpkin Cake [RECIPE]
Last week, one of the gals from Susan G. Komen came into the WKDQ studios to talk about Race for the Cure. While she was here, she turned us on to a new recipe she found that is perfect for the upcoming fall season. And, the name says it all... Better than Sex Pumpkin Cake! Of course, on Jon and Leslie Wanna Know we call it "Baking Cookies" so this has to be named the Better Than 'Baking Cookies' Pumpkin Cake! Now, we added in a secret ingredient here and there but we left those as "optional." If you make some be sure to bring it by the WKDQ studio so Jon can get a bite! Ha!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 15 oz. can 100% pumpkin puree
- Soft caramel squares (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- Cool Whip
- 1/2 bag of Heath Bar bits or 4 Heath Bars crushed
- caramel sundae sauce for topping
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Mix yellow cake mix and pumpkin puree until clump free. Add nuts if desired.
- Pour batter into lined cupcakes or a 9x11 cake pan.
- Place caramels into batter (if desired). These will harden when cooled so be careful when eating.
- Bake according to cake mix directions. Test with toothpick. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- Using a wooden spoon or butter knife, poke holes all over the top of the cake.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over cake, including into the holes. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Top with Cool Whip, heath bits, caramel sauce and any remaining nuts.