A First-Timers Guide To The Fall Festival
They say you never forget your first time. When it comes to the West Side Nut Club Fall Festival, this is especially true. I remember 3 years ago, when I first set foot onto West Franklin, I was overwhelmed as most are. I suggest these 5 simple rules when making your first Fall Festival excursion.
1) Munchie Maps are gold! You don’t want to go in blind. If you do, you’re likely to settle for plain old funnel cakes, when you could have a deep fried cookie dough sundae!
2) Know the difference between a tenderloin and brain sandwich. You don’t want to make that mistake! If you’re used to the texture of a brain, you might be ok, but taking your first bit into one, expecting a tenderloin…bad idea.
3) Dirty Diapers, Pigeon Poo, and Monster Ears aren’t as gross as you think. These booths will do anything to get your attention…even gross you out. Don’t fall for it, or you might miss a sweet treat.
4) If you can’t decide on your favorite food…pick a charity. All these booths are raising money for a good cause, so pick one you’d like to give to. Chances are they’ll have something good to eat.
5) Pace yourself. The festival happens all week long. You have to plan at least 2 or 3 days if not more to fully appreciate all the food you can. Try and squeeze it into one day, and you’ll never want to come back.
Now that you’re informed, enjoy the festival. Check out these festival first-timers as they plan their route.
Subscribe to WKDQ-FM on