5 Ideas For Your Leftover Halloween Candy
Halloween is the favorite holiday for chocoholics (like ME!!) and anyone with a sweet tooth. But what do you do when you have WAY too much candy? ? From wisebread.com, here are some fun, creative ways to enjoy your luscious left over treats:
1. Melt in holiday drinks - Whether you are making a punch or your favorite mixed drink, candy makes them colorful and tasty!
2. Candy melts in the heat of the over, leaving you with a yummy, gooey treats - How about...biscuits filled with tootsie rolls, cookies with peanut butter cups or even candy corn chopped up and added to candied yams!
3. Use to marinate and glaze - Pixie sticks make a great porkchop glaze (red or white wine, vinegar, pixie sticks, salt) or BBQ chipotle sauce with Smarties or Red Hots!! Mmmmmm
4. Spread the sweetness - Give it Nursing homes, doctor's offices, women's shelters, homeless shelters. Everyone loves candy!!!
5. Keep in case of emergencies - Keep a supply of candy in your car. You never know when you might be trapped in the car during a winter storm or just stranded on a highway with kids for hours with no food or water. A stash of candy can be a needed distraction or even lifesaving nourishmment.
For more ideas click here!!