10 Words You Shouldn’t Hear In A Country Song
There are a ton of slang terms out there that have become common vocabulary for some folks. However, some of those words would just be odd to be in a country song. Now, I am not talking about swear words. Country music likes to keep things PG.
I am talking about slang words or terms that have just become pop culture. For example, Trace Adkins barely got away with using one of those words in his smash hit "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk." Catch my drift now?
Not that there is anything wrong with using these words in your everyday vocabulary, they would just sound funny in a country song. Who knows, maybe I am wrong. Perhaps using something like "shawty" within a country song would work. Just thinking about a country boy like Justin Moore saying something like that sounds comical though.
So what are some of these words that shouldn't be in a country song? Glad you asked. I have compiled ten slang words that people use nowadays that would just sound odd in a country song. You may not be familiar with some of these terms, so I did the logical thing and also included the definition, according to Urban Dictionary.
- Bae- a Danish word for poop. Also used by people on the internet who think it means baby, sweetie etc.
- Ratchet- A Ghettoized form of the word Wretched: very unhappy, ill, etc.: very bad or unpleasant: very poor in quality or ability.
- Fleek- A silly word used by frivolous teens to mean any number of things, including phrases that already have definitions like "on point".
- YOLO- An overused acronym for "You only live once." There is an exception for those who believe in reincarnation or are cats.
- . Fam- Derived from the word "family". Referring to people that are extremely close; as in a family member.
- Swag- Originally from the Scottish slang word "swagger" which was a description of the way some Scots walk (in a swaying motion), the word was then misinterpreted by the English as "the way someone presents themselves". Ig, whether someone looks cool.
- Gucci- A term that means good, chill, cool, and/or awesome. Comes from Gucci, as in the fashion label.
- Shawty- An attractive female or your girlfriend.
- Totes- A shorter more convenient form of the word: totally. This word is most commonly used by teenage girls.
- Real Talk- A phrase used when someone wants to add emphasis to the fact that the thing they just said was, indeed, true. It is a phrase or sentence someone says that is so true it deserves to have "real talk" at the end of it. In contrast to fake talk, real talk is usually straight and not deceiving.
What other words should be added to this list?